The Indianapolis Bicentennial Commission celebrated with Indianapolis residents the kick-off of the city’s bicentennial celebration on June 28th.
The celebration kicked-off with a televised half-hour special program on Sunday, June 28th at 6:30 PM on WISH-TV
Residents are encouraged to participate in unique and creative activities to mark this special milestone:
- Giving back to the community through donating blood, donating money to local non-profits or COVID-19 relief funds, etc.
- Shopping at small businesses and dining at local restaurants
- Recording a “happy birthday” message on social media and posting it with the hashtag #HappyBirthdayIndy
- Baking a bicentennial birthday cake
- Hosting a small outdoor get-together, following proper social distancing guidelines
- Making Indianapolis-themed visual or performance art
- Color your special birthday piece out of these bicentennial celebration coloring pages